We may collect your personal information (such as your name, email address, postal address and phone number). Your personal information may be used:
- to advise you (if you are the client) or advise the client (if you are representing the client);
- to communicate with you;
- to send you publications and invitations to functions and seminars;
- to provide you with information and promotional material which may be of interest to you;
- for internal business purposes, such as invoicing, processing credit card transactions and debt recovery; and
- to analyse your usage of this website.
We may disclose your personal information if it is:
- permitted by our Terms of Engagement;
- authorised by you; or
- required or permitted by law or the New Zealand Law Society’s Rules of Conduct and Client Care for Lawyers.
We may store your personal information in hard copy form or in electronic form, including with third party data storage facilities and in cloud storage located in or outside New Zealand.
You are entitled to access and correct the personal information we hold about you at any time and to request to be removed from our mailing list by contacting us at email@example.com.
We will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure and prevent unauthorised access or disclosure. However, we cannot prevent, and are not responsible for, interception or “hacking” of information transmitted through the website by unauthorised third parties.
We may set and access cookies on your computer. Cookies are text files that identify your computer to our server, so that when you visit this website again, the cookie will identify your computer to our web server. This allows us to improve the speed and reliability of this website and provide you with a better service. You can disable cookies by changing your Internet browser settings. However, if you do not enable cookies, then this website may not function as intended.
The information contained on this website is general information only and does not constitute legal advice. To the maximum extent permitted by law:
- all warranties and representations (whether express, implied or statutory) in relation to this website (including as to the suitability, fitness for purpose, accuracy or completeness of this website) are excluded; and
- we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage which directly or indirectly arises in connection with your access to or use of this website or any information, opinion or representation contained on it. Intellectual property
We own all proprietary and intellectual property rights in this website. You may access, view, reproduce and print the content on this website as long as you only use that content for non-commercial purposes and any reproduction includes a prominent acknowledgment of our rights in the relevant content. You may not use this website, or the content on it, for any other purpose or in any other way. Third party websites
This website may contain links to external websites. We recommend that you check the privacy policies of websites you choose to link to from this website so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share information. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or other content on websites linked from our website.