Simon is an experienced commercial litigation and regulatory/compliance lawyer. He has particular experience in regulatory prosecution and defence, insurance, professional negligence, health law, construction disputes, complex fraud, and workplace health and safety. Simon combines first-rate advocacy and legal intuition with practical, commercial business sense.
Simon has acted for clients, in New Zealand and internationally, in a wide range of formal dispute resolution procedures, including mediations and arbitrations, court litigation, and coronial inquests. He has conducted hundreds of criminal hearings, and he has considerable experience appearing as lead counsel before the High Courts and Tribunals on a variety of civil, criminal, and regulatory matters. Simon has also spent time on secondment with a large international insurer as a legal adviser in their global corporate professional and financial risks team.
- Commercial litigation and dispute resolution – statutory and common law causes of action
- Regulatory/professional disciplinary proceedings – including lawyers, real estate agents, medical professionals
- Health and medical law – Coronial Inquests, employment disputes, and acting for and against medical professionals
- Insurance – policy advice, professional indemnity, statutory liability, public liability, product defects
- Memberships include the Medico-Legal Association, NZ Insurance Law Association, and the Society of Construction Law